Friday, June 18, 2010

Father's Day

Father's Day is coming up in a couple of days.  This has never been a holiday that I  celebrated, that is, before my husband became a father.  I realized from him and the relationship between him and our daughters, just what Father's Day is all about.  I also witnessed the relationship between my husband and his dad.  Now, I have sons-in-law who are such good, caring, loving, hands-on dads.  I am so thankful for having these "dads" in my life".  I am posting about Father's Day on this blog about my mom, because when I think back on my life, I realize that Mother had to compensate for the absence of our father.  He wasn't completely out of our lives, and I'm not going to go into detail here, but I'll just say that when he was around, it wasn't good.   Mother did, finally, take us away from him.  He kept showing up occasionally, but for the most part he was just absent.  Mother had to work doubly hard to provide for and care for us.  She had the help of her sisters and her mother, but it couldn't have been easy.  So, on this Father's Day, I am honoring my husband, my father-in-law, my son-in-laws, and my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment