Thursday, July 21, 2011

Heaven Is For Real????

Our VBS this year is food themed and called  Shake It Up!  Each night the children learn about different stories from the Bible that are food related.  Last night they learned about the Last Supper.  The jist of the whole theme, though, is really that we should GIVE.  Give to others who may be less fortunate and Give Happily To God!!!!                       
My Sunday School Class has been studying the book Heaven Is For Real, which is about a 4 year old boy who had a near death experience.  Over the next few months, etc... he starts talking about the things he saw in Heaven.  I had already read this book.  I can't think off the top of my head what the boy's dad's name is, who authored the book.  Anyway, I went to a couple of classes and decided that I didn't want to talk about Heaven with a large group right now.  I'm not quite ready, even though it's been nine months since Mother died.  I still have questions that I know will never be answered by another person on Earth anyway.  I just still need to pray and search my own heart and soul.  I may never, ever have answers until the day that my soul leaves my own body.  I guess that's okay.  I just don't think that a 4 year old boy should determine what I think of Heaven, either.  Our new pastor told me he has some more books that he thinks I should read that might help me come to some kind of calm place.  We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Julia ~ I saw this child & his father on TV. It was a moving & interesting recount to listen to. I hope that your heart will be lifted. Your Mother sits with Jesus, may she rest in peace, my friend.

    Would you be so kind to leave a comment on my BLOG ONLY, for the Miracle Makeover fund drive. Charlie, 8 yr. old, & his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored.

    Have a beautiful weekend.
    Hugs,
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete